Chablis Grand Cru
Appellation Grand Cru
Kimmeridgian clay and limestone.
Average age of the vines
Fermented in 1-2 year-old oak barrels.
15-18 months in barrel on fine lees.
5 to 12 years.
Between 12° - 14°C.
Les Clos is the most extensive Grand Cru plot, and is situated on top of a south/south-westerly facing hill. The depth of the soil produces a wine of consistent quality that always takes time to develop.
Tasting and food pairings
Our Chablis Grand Cru "Les Clos" 2021 reveals a pale yellow color. Its intense nose develops fruity notes. Supple at the first taste, it offers fruity and mineral aromas in the mouth. This wine offers a beautiful length, a fresh, delicate and full of finesse final. Our Grand Cru "Les Clos" always develops in an exceptional way with time, while keeping its mineral side. The king of the Grand Crus appellation - a rich, luscious wine with great complexity of flavours. This wine is, above all other, for keeping.
Drink with grilled fish or fish in sauce, grilled white meats or white meats in cream-based sauces.
Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos 2021 - James Suckling - July 2023 - 96/100Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos 2021 - Vert de Vin - June 2023 - 16.25 / 93Chablis Grand Cru "Les Clos" 2021 - Burgundy Report Bill Nanson - February 2023Chablis Grand Cru "Les Clos" 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 95/100
- Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos 2021 - James Suckling - July 2023 - 96/100
A very cool and stony Chablis in which the chalky minerality is far more expressive than the fruit, the latter slowly emerges as the wine flows over the palate, expanding all the time. Super-stony finish that goes on and on. Needs a moment longer in the bottle to give its best, but already so pristine. Drinkable now, but best from 2025.
- Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos 2021 - Vert de Vin - June 2023 - 16.25 / 93
The wine has a pale lemon-yellow color. The nose is subtle, but complex and refined. It offers notes of ripe citrus fruits (yellow lemon, grapefruit juice and zest), crunchy stone fruits (white peach, tart apricot, ripe green plum), a fine touch of passion fruit, as well as notes of hay, dried thyme, wildflowers, acacia and lime blossom. There is also a delicate touch of fresh yeast, fresh bread, acacia honey and mild spices in the background (nutmeg, cloves and a touch of vanilla in the background). On the palate, the wine is chiseled, tangy, with a lot of energy and complexity. It expresses notes of ripe citrus fruits (yellow lemon, lime, a hint of grapefruit), ripe green plum, crisp white peach, as well as delicate and integrated herbaceous notes (lemon thyme, hay), floral notes (acacia, wild flowers), a touch of yeast and fresh bread (in the background), fine spicy notes (nutmeg, clove), a fine smokiness, as well a saline and iodised minerality on the finish. Beautiful freshness and complexity, a long and tangy finish.
- Chablis Grand Cru "Les Clos" 2021 - Burgundy Report Bill Nanson - February 2023
The oak is not visible in the aromas but there's a fine mineral and agrume width for sure. Mouth-filling - here is tons of volume and citrus complexity, even a little citrus skin which is rarer in this vintage. Perhaps, passion fruit? Super wine.
- Chablis Grand Cru "Les Clos" 2020 - Wine Spectator Buying Guide - February 2023 - 93/100
A succulent, fleshy style, this white combines rich peach, yellow plum and melon flavors with citrus and mineral elements. While revealing a hint of vanilla, this is balanced and refined overall, with a buttery pastry finish. Drink now through 2027.
- Chablis Grand Cru "Les Clos" 2020 - July 2022 - James Suckling - 95/100
An extremely graceful Grand Cru Chablis with a wide spectrum of pear, yellow-apple, citrus and mirabelle aromas; Concentrated and refined with excellent precision at the very long, mineral finish that's simultaneously delicate and stony. Drink or hold.
- Chablis Grand Cru "Les Clos" 2019 - 96 pts - James Suckling - July 2021
Stunning depth and ripeness with slightly exotic character (flowers, herbs and fruit), plus some melted butter. Full-bodied, but very elegant, the intense minerality driving this along. Intense, salty finish. Drink or hold.
- Chablis Grand Cru "Les Clos" 2019 - 86 pts - IWSC 2021 winners
- Chablis Grand Cru "Les Clos" 2019 - Wine Enthusiast Buying Guide - 96/100 pts
While weighty and a bit impenetrable in youth, this powerful Chablis balances rich pear and tangerine flavors against a backdrop of stone and steel. Vinified in one to two year old oak barrels and matured up to 18 months on its lees, it's a broad-shouldered sip accented by caramelized honey and white pepper. Hold until 2025, and it should gain delicacy and nuance through 2035. Louis Latour Inc. Cellar Selection. -A.I.
- Chablis Grand Cru "Les Clos" 2018 - James Suckling - 94 points
Aromas of waxed lemon, apricot, dried apple and a touch of praline, followed by almonds on the palate. It's medium-bodied with crisp acidity and a smooth, almost waxy texture. Flavorful and dense with lingering, toasted-almond notes. Subtle and very long. Drink or hold.
- Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos 2017 - James Suckling - February 2019 - 96/100Some very exotic fruit with ripe peaches, mangoes and melon, as well as notes of lemons, grapefruit and flinty minerals. The palate has a vibrant sleeve of acidity that creates attractive tension and density. A very powerful wine that needs time. Try from 2022.
- Chablis Grand Cru Clos 2014 - Wine Advocate
The 2014 Chablis Grand Cru les Clos, which is aged 50% in barrel and 50% in stainless steel for 18 months, has an airy and detailed bouquet with apple blossom and fresh pear scents, unfurling nicely in the glass. The palate is well balanced with sappy red apple and pear notes, fine mineralité. Drink 2017-2029.
- Chablis Grand Cru "Les Clos" 2016 - Burghound.com - October 2018 - 90/100
There is just enough wood present to warrant mentioning that frames super-fresh aromas of white orchard fruit, citrus and ocean breeze. The bigger and most powerful flavors are also more evidently mineral-inflected while delivering acceptable but not distinguished length on the dry and clean finish that also reflects some tropical influence. This is perfectly good but it needs to develop better depth to ascend to the next level. 90/2022+
- Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos 2016 |91-100 - Tim Atkin - January 2018
- Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos 2016 |90-100 - The World of Fine Wine - March 2018
- Chablis Grand Cru "Les Clos" 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 95/100The richest and most complex of the 2016 Simonnet-Febvre Chablis with a hint of butterscotch and a lot of flinty character. The longer it aerates, the more that comes through. Very long, complete finish. Drink or hold..
- Chablis Les Clos 2014 - 92/100- Wine Spectator - May 2017Tightly knit and expressive, delivering apple, melon, honey, and mineral flavors, this white is fresh and long with a detailed aftertaste of apple and mineral. Drink now through 2023.
- Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos 2014 - Bottin Gourmand - Décembre 2017Avec 25 hectares. Les Clos est le plus vaste climat grand
cru de Chablis et l'un des plus qualitatifs. Un chablis de caractère, minéral, dense
et généreux, qui décline au nez comme en bouche des arômes d'agrumes sur fond
de miel et de cannelle. Très beau potentiel de garde.
Idéal en accord avec...Foie gras, Homards et langoustes grillés, Écrevisses, Poissons fins en sauce crémée, Viandes blanches, volailles à la crème, Huîtres.
- Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos 2012 - Challenges - Décembre 2017Un chablis comme on les aime, droit et légèrement iodé, non dénué de générosité, avec une belle richesse aromatique sur des notes d'agrumes et un boisé (vanille) qui devrait être rapidement digéré. Les grands crus de Chablis demandent un peu de temps avant de livrer tout leur potentiel.