Chablis Premier Cru
Appellation Premier Cru
100 % Chardonnay.
Average age of the vines
Stainless steel tanks between 17° and 21°C.
12 months in stainless steel, on lees.
Between 10° & 12°C.
The vines of Chablis Montmains have a Southerly/ South-Easterly exposure on the left bank of the Serein. Together they form groups of various terrains, on a rather low area which is very sensitive to spring frost.
Tasting and food pairings
The wine has a slight mineral touch and it is powerful, with predominant aromas of flowers. It is a fruity, supple and round wine which has a real sense of its terroir with a wonderful bouquet.
Chablis 1er Cru "Montmains" 2018 - James Suckling - USA - 91/100Chablis 1er Cru Montmains 2018 - James Suckling - 91 points
- Chablis 1er Cru "Montmains" 2018 - James Suckling - USA - 91/100
A more citrusy expression with lime and lemon and some flinty, chalky notes. The palate has a very fleshy, ripe and juicy feel with good freshness, too. Flavorsome peaches and a mineral edge to close.
- Chablis 1er Cru Montmains 2018 - James Suckling - 91 points
Aromas of sliced apple, lemon zest, dried apricot and flint. It's medium-bodied with tangy acidity and a saline, flavorful finish. From organically grown grapes. Drink or hold.
- Chablis 1er Cru "Montmains" 2017 - James Suckling - February 2019 - 92/100There's attractive, bright fruit on offer here, in the ripe-mango, peach and nectarine zone. Attractive wild flowers, too. The palate has a super succulent core of vibrant acidity with a wealth of fresh mangoes and peaches. Long, smooth finish. Drink now.
- Simonnet-Febvre Chablis 1er Cru « Montmains » 2015 - 92/100 Simonnet-Febvre Chablis 1er Cru « Montmains » 2015 - 92/100 - James Suckling - April 2017
Straw and sliced-apple character. Full-bodied, layered and beautiful with light pears and apples. Alcohol pops out at end. Traditional style. Drink now.
- Chablis Premier Cru Montmains 2014 - Wine Spectator - 88/100Shows flavors of ripe, tropical fruit, but also an underlying stony element. Overall, this is loosely knit and moderately long. Drink now.
- Chablis Premier Cru Montmains 2014 - Wine Advocate - 91/100.
The 2014 Chablis 1er Cru Montmains, raised for 12 months in stainless steel, has a crisp and precise bouquet: apple blossom and fresh pear laced with slate-like aromas. The palate is fresh and crisp with a keen line of acidity, vibrant and energetic with a nicely poised finish that lingers in the mouth. This is worth seeking out. Drink 2016-2025.
- Chablis Premier Cru Montmains 2014 - International Wine Challenge 2016 - Silver medal
- Chablis Premier Cru Montmains 2014 - Decanter World Wine Awards 2016 - Bronze medal - 89 points