Chablis Premier Cru
Appellation Premier Cru
100 % Chardonnay.
Kimmeridgian marl & limestone.
Average age of the vines
Stainless steel tanks between 17° and 21°C.
12 months in stainless steel, on lees.
Between 10° & 12° C.
This vineyard is situated on the left bank of the Serein river, and has an ideal south-westerly aspect. The soils of the left bank are less clay-like than those of the right bank. This wine is one of the most highly-rated left-bank Chablis.
Tasting and food pairings
It is an excellent example of the characteristics of a Chablis wine: freshness, acidity, minerality and notes of flowers and fruit. Well-rounded and charming, this wine has a final note of minerality on the palate and is a good compromise between the acidity and fruit. It is generous, has a good length and is very typical of Chablis.
Drink with: seafood, grilled fish and white meats in sauces
Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons 2020 - People's Choice Wine Awards - FinalistChablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2020 - July 2022 - James Suckling - 93/100Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2018 - James Suckling - USA - 91/100Chablis Premier cru "Vaillons" 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 92/100
- Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons 2020 - People's Choice Wine Awards - Finalist
Category: Treat Yourself: white
- Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2020 - July 2022 - James Suckling - 93/100
This ripe yet bright Chablis Premier Cru has white-peach and tropical-flower aromas that aren't exactly classic, but very attractive. Lovely balance of mineral acidity with ripe pear and citrusy fruit. A slug of tannin at the finish, but they're fine and add backbone. Drink or hold.
- Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2017 - Burghound.com - USA - October 2019 - 90/100This too is aromatically cool, pure and airy with ample Chablis character suffusing the citrus, wet stone and iodine-tinged nose. There is both fine volume and intensity to the delicious, crisp and focused flavors that brim with minerality on the clean, dry and sappy finish. This offers very good concentration for the vintage; indeed the level of dry extract is impressive, which already makes this seductive despite the presence of a touch of youthful austere. There is a hint of warmth but overall, this delivers solid quality in a 'drink young or with up to 5 or so years of age' package. 90/2022+
- Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2019 - 93 pts - James Suckling - July 2021
If you like the noble austerity that Chablis is famed for, then this is a wine for you. Attractive summer-meadow plus honeycomb character on the nose and the front palate, then the combination of salty minerality and firm acidity charges through. Long, austerely mineral finish, which we love.
- Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2019 - 92 pts - IWSC 2021 winners
- Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2017 - Xposé.ie - July 2019 - "Iconic wine"
For chardonnay lovers who want to wind down at the end of the day with a chilled white that carries itself with finesse, this wine is refreshing with ripe citrusy fruit that has a lovely honeyed note, and a stony minerality that's bang on the money. A seductive match with cold langoustine and mayonnaise. (Sam Wylie-Harris, Ireland)
- Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2018 - James Suckling - USA - 91/100
This is expressive with melon and pears, as well as a kumquat edge. The palate has a sunny, fleshy and smoothly round feel.
- Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2018 - Wine Enthusiast - USA - April 2020 - 92/100
Notes of Mirabelle plum, yellow and green pear convey vivacity on the nose of this wine. The palate adds tension and freshness, streamlining this into a mouthwatering, slightly textured body that has a clean, dry finish. This wine offers lots of energy, with a wonderfully pithy note. (Anne Kriebehl MW)
- Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2017 - James Suckling - February 2019 - 92/100Some attractive stony and chalky aromas, as well as white peaches and hints of yellow grapefruit. The palate has a great sense of detail and composure. Very tight with good density and weight and a tense finish. Try from 2021.
- Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2016 - Harpers Wine Stars - November 2018 - 3 stars
- Chablis Premier cru "Vaillons" 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 92/100A
sophisticated Chablis with real concentration and sophistication. The citrus,
floral and delicate, smoky notes are wrapped around a firm, mineral core. A long and rather complete finish. Drink or hold.
- Simonnet-Febvre Chablis 1er Cru « Vaillons » 2015 - 93/100 - James Suckling - April 2017
This is a solid Vaillons showing wonderful depth of fruit and mineral character. Full and dense with so much zest and beauty. Love the finish that just melts at the end. Drink in 2020 but already beautiful
- Chablis Vaillons 2014 - 89/100 - Wine Spectator - May 2017
A stony, flinty undertow giudes the apple and melon fruit to this lip smacking white. Fades gracefully on the lemony finish. Drink now through 2020.
Chablis Vaillons 2014 - 89/100 - Wine Spectator - May 2017
- Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons 2014 - Wine Advocate - 90/100.
The 2014 Chablis 1Er Cru Vaillons has a very perfumed, floral bouquet with dandelion and rose petals infusing the citrus fruit. The palate is crisp and poised with commendable acidity, cohesive in the mouth with impressive tension and focus on the finish. Another fine Chablis from Simonet-Febvre. Drink 2016-2024.
- Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2014 - International Chardonnay Symposium Wine Competition - July 2016 - Double Gold Medal
"Best Unoaked Chardonnay - Double Gold Medal"
- Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons 2014 - Sommelier Wine Awards 2016 - Silver medal
- Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons 2014 - International Wine Challenge 2016 - Bronze medal
- Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons 2014 - Decanter World Wine Awards 2016 - Silver medal - 91 points