Chablis Premier Cru
Appellation Premier Cru
100 % Chardonnay.
Kimmeridgian marl & limestone.
Average age of the vines
Stainless steel tanks between 17° and 21°C.
12 months in stainless steel, on lees.
Between 10° & 12° C.
This vineyard is situated on the left bank of the Serein river, and has an ideal south-westerly aspect. The soils of the left bank are less clay-like than those of the right bank. This wine is one of the most highly-rated left-bank Chablis.
Tasting and food pairings
It is an excellent example of the characteristics of a Chablis wine: freshness, acidity, minerality and notes of flowers and fruit. Well-rounded and charming, this wine has a final note of minerality on the palate and is a good compromise between the acidity and fruit. It is generous, has a good length and is very typical of Chablis.
Drink with: seafood, grilled fish and white meats in sauces
Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2017 - Xposé.ie - July 2019 - "Iconic wine"Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2017 - James Suckling - February 2019 - 92/100Chablis Premier cru "Vaillons" 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 92/100
- Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2017 - Xposé.ie - July 2019 - "Iconic wine"
For chardonnay lovers who want to wind down at the end of the day with a chilled white that carries itself with finesse, this wine is refreshing with ripe citrusy fruit that has a lovely honeyed note, and a stony minerality that's bang on the money. A seductive match with cold langoustine and mayonnaise. (Sam Wylie-Harris, Ireland)
- Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2017 - James Suckling - February 2019 - 92/100Some attractive stony and chalky aromas, as well as white peaches and hints of yellow grapefruit. The palate has a great sense of detail and composure. Very tight with good density and weight and a tense finish. Try from 2021.
- Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2016 - Harpers Wine Stars - November 2018 - 3 stars
- Chablis Premier cru "Vaillons" 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 92/100A
sophisticated Chablis with real concentration and sophistication. The citrus,
floral and delicate, smoky notes are wrapped around a firm, mineral core. A long and rather complete finish. Drink or hold.
- Simonnet-Febvre Chablis 1er Cru « Vaillons » 2015 - 93/100 - James Suckling - April 2017
This is a solid Vaillons showing wonderful depth of fruit and mineral character. Full and dense with so much zest and beauty. Love the finish that just melts at the end. Drink in 2020 but already beautiful
- Chablis Vaillons 2014 - 89/100 - Wine Spectator - May 2017
A stony, flinty undertow giudes the apple and melon fruit to this lip smacking white. Fades gracefully on the lemony finish. Drink now through 2020.
Chablis Vaillons 2014 - 89/100 - Wine Spectator - May 2017
- Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons 2014 - Wine Advocate - 90/100.
The 2014 Chablis 1Er Cru Vaillons has a very perfumed, floral bouquet with dandelion and rose petals infusing the citrus fruit. The palate is crisp and poised with commendable acidity, cohesive in the mouth with impressive tension and focus on the finish. Another fine Chablis from Simonet-Febvre. Drink 2016-2024.
- Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2014 - International Chardonnay Symposium Wine Competition - July 2016 - Double Gold Medal
"Best Unoaked Chardonnay - Double Gold Medal"
- Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons 2014 - Sommelier Wine Awards 2016 - Silver medal
- Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons 2014 - International Wine Challenge 2016 - Bronze medal
- Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons 2014 - Decanter World Wine Awards 2016 - Silver medal - 91 points