Chablis Premier Cru
Appellation Premier Cru
100 % Chardonnay.
Kimmeridgian caly & limestone
Average age of the vines
stainless steel tanks between 18° and 21°C.
10-12 months in stainless steel, on lees.
Between 10° & 12° C.
Situated on the right bank of the Serein running on from the Grand Crus. Exposed to the West/ South-West, this area produces ample and harmonious wines with a slight mineral note.
Tasting and food pairings
These wines are classically elegant, powerful and round with lovely aromas. In the mouth aromas of citrus fruits, fresh mint and finally spicy notes are developed. There are notes of ripe fruits and honey.
To serve with: Fish, white meat and cheeses.
Chablis 1er Cru "Fourchaume" 2017 - James Suckling - February 2019 - 93/100Chablis Premier Cru "Fourchaume" 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 92/100
- Chablis 1er Cru "Fourchaume" 2017 - James Suckling - February 2019 - 93/100Attractively exotic fruit aromas with an air of striking purity and freshness. The palate delivers a steely resolve with a superb core of fresh and fine acidity, carrying long and deep into the dry, crisp finish. Great wine. So fresh. Try from 2022.
- Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume 2016 - 89/100 - The World of Fine Wine - March 2018Vibrant, ripe color. Good athletic energy; balanced flavors of fresh yet mature citrus fruits interweaved with minerals. Good. - Michael Edwards
- Chablis Premier Cru "Fourchaume" 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 92/100I love this wine's exuberant fruit salad and floral nose. On the palate, it's brimming with fruit. And then the fresh minerality charges through on the very clean finish. Drink or hold.
- Simonnet-Febvre Chablis 1er Cru « Fourchaume » 2015 - 93/100 - James Suckling - April 2017
Aromas of oyster shells and dried apples with peaches and stones. Full-bodied, tangy and salty with fantastic length and intensity. Goes on for a long
- Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume 2014 - 89/100 - Wine Spectator - May 2017Shows some flesh for the vintage, along with peach, melon and apple flavors. With a hint of saltiness on the moderately long finish. Drink now through 2020.