Chablis Premier Cru
Appellation Premier Cru
100 % Chardonnay.
Kimmeridgian caly & limestone
Average age of the vines
stainless steel tanks between 18° and 21°C.
10-12 months in stainless steel, on lees.
Between 10° & 12° C.
Situated on the right bank of the Serein running on from the Grand Crus. Exposed to the West/ South-West, this area produces ample and harmonious wines with a slight mineral note.
Tasting and food pairings
These wines are classically elegant, powerful and round with lovely aromas. In the mouth aromas of citrus fruits, fresh mint and finally spicy notes are developed. There are notes of ripe fruits and honey.
To serve with: Fish, white meat and cheeses.
Chablis 1er Cru "Fourchaume" 2019 - 94 pts - James Suckling - July 2021Chablis 1er Cru "Fourchaume" 2019 - 92 pts - IWSC 2021 winnersChablis Premier Cru "Fourchaume" 2019 - Wine Enthousiast Buying Guide - 92/100 ptsChablis 1er Cru "Fourchaume" 2018 - James Suckling - USA - 91/100Chablis Premier Cru "Fourchaume" 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 92/100
- Chablis 1er Cru "Fourchaume" 2020 - July 2022 - James Suckling - 94/100
This Premier Cru Chablis has a exciting balance of ripe citrus fruit with vibrant mineral freshness that makes it leap and bound over the palate. Not a hint of the opulence that 2020 sometimes has. Very clean, long finish with complex chalky character. Drink or hold.
- Chablis 1er Cru "Fourchaume" 2019 - 94 pts - James Suckling - July 2021
This has the chalky minerality and the touch of austerity you expect from Chablis, but also super balance of ripe and fresh components that glide gracefully over the palate. Long, delicately salty finish. From organically grown grapes. Drink or hold.
- Chablis 1er Cru "Fourchaume" 2019 - 92 pts - IWSC 2021 winners
- Chablis Premier Cru "Fourchaume" 2019 - Wine Enthousiast Buying Guide - 92/100 pts
Sun-drenched yellow apple and pear flavors are edged by hints of dried citrus peel and spice in this plump,fleshy expression of Chablis in a hot vintage. Vinfied and matured entirely in stainless steel, it balances bold fruit tones with a stony backbone and bright lemon acidity. The wine is ready now but should drink well through 2028.
- Chablis 1er Cru "Fourchaume" 2018 - James Suckling - USA - 91/100
Some flinty nuances of reduction that lead to a lime and green-mango nose with a gently grassy edge. The palate has a smooth, crisp and nice, chalky feel to the finish.
- Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume 2018 - James Suckling - 91 points
Aromas of fresh apricot, green mango, wet stone and peach pit. It's medium-bodied with bright acidity and a cool, mineral finish. From organically grown grapes. Drink now.
- Chablis 1er Cru "Fourchaume" 2017 - Burghound.com - USA - October 2019 - 90/100An airy and cool nose features plenty of classic Chablis character with its combination of quinine, tidal pool and citrus-inflected white orchard fruit scents. There is both fine volume and richness to the utterly delicious and nicely vibrant medium weight flavors that ooze a subtle minerality before culminating in a clean, very dry and saline finish. This ever-so-mildly warm effort is really quite good and while it doesn't enjoy the sheer class of the two grands crus, it offers almost as much depth. 90/2021+
- Chablis 1er Cru "Fourchaume" 2017 - James Suckling - February 2019 - 93/100Attractively exotic fruit aromas with an air of striking purity and freshness. The palate delivers a steely resolve with a superb core of fresh and fine acidity, carrying long and deep into the dry, crisp finish. Great wine. So fresh. Try from 2022.
- Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume 2016 - 89/100 - The World of Fine Wine - March 2018Vibrant, ripe color. Good athletic energy; balanced flavors of fresh yet mature citrus fruits interweaved with minerals. Good. - Michael Edwards
- Chablis Premier Cru "Fourchaume" 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 92/100I love this wine's exuberant fruit salad and floral nose. On the palate, it's brimming with fruit. And then the fresh minerality charges through on the very clean finish. Drink or hold.
- Simonnet-Febvre Chablis 1er Cru « Fourchaume » 2015 - 93/100 - James Suckling - April 2017
Aromas of oyster shells and dried apples with peaches and stones. Full-bodied, tangy and salty with fantastic length and intensity. Goes on for a long
- Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume 2014 - 89/100 - Wine Spectator - May 2017Shows some flesh for the vintage, along with peach, melon and apple flavors. With a hint of saltiness on the moderately long finish. Drink now through 2020.