Chablis Grand Cru
Appellation Grand Cru
100 % Chardonnay.
Kimmeridgian clay & limestone.
Average age of the vines
50% Stainless Steel tanks - 50% Barrel fermented in 1-2 wine-old oak barrels.
15-18 months in barrel on fine lees.
Between 12° & 14°C.
Chablis Blanchot has a South-Easterly exposure on a well ventilated and fresh mountainside which gets nothing but sun in the morning. The brown limestone soils drain well.
Tasting and food pairings
This wine is floral, delicate and light with a subtle bouquet of ageing roses, undergrowth and meadow mushrooms. The wines from Chablis Blanchot have a lovely combination of aromas. Fresh, powerful and supple, they have a wonderful mineral persistency. Feminine and rich, they develop a bit faster than other Grands Crus. To be drunk in 4-5 years.
- Chablis Grand Cru "Blanchot" 2018 - James Suckling - 95 points
Subtle aromas of apricot, lemon curd and green apple. Chamomile tea with a touch of honey. It's medium-bodied and textured with bright acidity. Sleek and refined. Drink or hold.
- Chablis Grand Cru "Blanchot" 2017 - Burghound.com - USA - October 2019 - 91/100There is a touch of mineral reduction to the elegant, pure and airy white orchard fruit, citrus and soft quinine nuances. There is a succulent and rounded mouth feel to the attractively vibrant middle weight flavors that exude an evident stoniness on the salty and lemon rind-inflected finish. I like the delivery and this is just dry enough to engender a hint of youthful austerity. 91/2023+
- Chablis Grand Cru "Blanchot" 2017 - James Suckling - February 2019 - 95/100Some very attractive exotic fruit here with mango, papaya and melon, as well as peaches and more. A riot of fresh fruit and some gentle reductive funk that works well. The palate has a powerful core with exceptional depth and seamless, fleshy drive. There's a lot to like here. Drink or hold.
- Chablis Grand Cru "Blanchot" 2016 - Burghound.com - October 2018 - 91/100
Restrained and cool nose. Aromas of pear with the addition of a distinct floral component. On the palate, there is excellent underlying tension to the almost pungently mineral-driven middle weight flavors that culminate in a linear, compact and bone dry finale.
- Chablis Grand Cru Blanchot 2016 |90-100 - The World of Fine Wine - March 2018Rich and opulent, saline and expressive, very mineral. Underneath this apparently open exterior is plenty of tight depth. - Margaret Rand.
- Chablis Grand Cru "Blanchot" 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 94/100A lot of summer-meadow and some oyster-shell aromas here. A sophisticated Chablis with a lot of underplayed power. A long elegant, supple and almost silky finish. Drink or hold.
- Chablis Grand Cru Blanchot 2014 - 89/100 - Wine Spectator - May 2017
This boasts ample richness but shows good cut defining the apple, lemon and stone flavors. The aftertaste resonates with the tangy acidity. Drink now through 2022.