Chablis Grand Cru
Appellation Grand Cru
100 % Chardonnay
Kimmeridgian clay & limestone
Average age of the vines
15-18 months in stainless steel on fine lees
Between 12° & 14°C
The Preuses vines are located in the northern part of the Grand Cru area where the south-easterly aspect ensures morning sun. The available soil is shallow, producing a subtle and delicate wine with a light yellow colour.
Tasting and food pairings
On the nose there are floral, smoky and mineral aromas. Once aged there is also a flinty aroma, as well as notes of spices, pollen and honey. Finesse, delicacy and minerality characterise this wine. Initially it is gentle in the mouth, but later becomes stronger and then maintains this strength.
Drink with: fish and poultry in white sauce, shellfish and foie gras.
Chablis Grand Cru "Les Preuses" 2017 - Burghound.com - USA - October 2019 - 91/100Chablis Grand Cru "Les Preuses" 2017 - James Suckling - February 2019 - 94/100Chablis Grand Cru "Les Preuses" 2017 - Jancis Robinson - January 2019 - 16.5/20
- Chablis Grand Cru Preuses 2018 - James Suckling - 93 points
Aromas of jasmine flowers, peaches, lemon pie and toasted almonds. It's medium-bodied with bright acidity and a subtle, toasty dimension. Focused and delicious. Lightly creamy. Drink or hold.
- Chablis Grand Cru "Les Preuses" 2017 - Burghound.com - USA - October 2019 - 91/100This is actually quite aromatically similar to the Blanchot though there is a bit more classic Chablis character and in particular iodine. The attractively textured, delicious and vibrant medium-bodied flavors possess a refreshing salinity before culminating in a clean, moderately dry and focused finale. This harmonious effort isn't exactly steely but it does offer fine persistence as well as medium-term aging potential. 91/2023+
- Chablis Grand Cru "Les Preuses" 2017 - James Suckling - February 2019 - 94/100An exotic and quite ripe, almost candied edge, but this is underpinned by extremely assertive acidity that really bites and lights up the palate. This has richness and that trademark Preuses acidity, bringing a lemon sherbet-like spark on the finish. Drink or hold.
- Chablis Grand Cru "Les Preuses" 2017 - Jancis Robinson - January 2019 - 16.5/20
Something quite floral on the nose. Edgy and fairly stony. Pretty classic. Drink: 2023 - 2030
- Chablis Grand Cru Les Preuses 2016 |90-100 - Tim Atkin - January 2018
- Chablis Grand Cru Les Preuses 2016 |90-100 - The World of Fine Wine - March 2018Very concentrated, creamy, powerful; a big structure wrapped in flesh. Salty, powerful, lovely balance and richness. Feels as though the creaminess comes from oak, but apparently there's no oak. Aromatic and succulent. - Margaret Rand. (We confirm, there is no oak!)
- Chablis Grand Cru "Preuses" 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 94/100Ripe and bold but with great freshness. This is an imposing and elegant wine with a rich lemon-tart character. Flinty and salty, a very long, super-elegant finish. Drink or hold.
- Chablis Grand Cru "Les Preuses" 2009 - Burghound.com - USA - 91/100
- Chablis Grand Cru "Les Preuses" 2009 - Wine Enthusiast - USA - 91/100