100 % Chardonnay.
Kimmeridgian Marl & Limestone.
Average age of the vines
Stainless steel tanks between 16° and 19°C.
6-10 months in stainless steel, on lees.
Between 8° & 10°C.
Chablis is the largest of appellations, with 2900 hectares of vines. It is produced in all the villages of the appellation, on hillsides or on flat ground. Hence there is a large diversity of locations and exposures.
Tasting and food pairings
the wine has a lovely shimmer and is of a pretty golden colour with green reflections. The rich and complex nose is characterized by pleasant and subtle floral and mineral aromas. It has a wonderful structure in the mouth with minerality and the charming typical chardonnay aromas. It is a harmonious wine that is not only fine and elegant but also has an excellent aromatic persistence.
Best drunk cold with oysters, shellfish, fish and goats cheese.
Chablis 2019 - 91 pts - IWSC 2021 winners
- Chablis 2019 - 91 pts - IWSC 2021 winners
- Chablis 2018 - James Suckling - USA - 89/100
There's an attractive, sweet, floral fragrance here with a fresh, ripe melon and pear core. Some light peach flavor on the palate, too. Fresh, easygoing style.
- Chablis 2018 - James Suckling - 89 points
There's an attractive, sweet, floral fragrance here with a fresh, ripe melon and pear core. Some light peach flavor on the palate, too. Fresh, easygoing style. Drink now.
- Chablis 2018 - The Herald - UK - August 2020
Try Simmonet Febvre Chablis 2018 which wins points for freshness and purity, from one of the oldest and most established producers in the region.
- Chablis 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 91/100
If you're looking for the elegance for which Chablis are famous for, here it is. This has great balance of citrus and flinty characteristics. Good depth but only medium body. A long and rather complex finish. Drink or hold.
- Simonnet-Febvre Chablis 2015 - 92/100 - James Suckling - April 2017Gorgeous sliced lemons and cooked apples with hints of peaches and stones. Medium to full body, bright fruit and a flavorful finish. Stony. Drink now and enjoy.
- 15.5/20 Chablis 2015 - Le Point - Septembre 2017Fruits blancs, bouche vive, bonne tension, élégant, nerveux, calcaire, long et fin.
- Chablis 2015 - Japan Wine Challenge 2016 - Silver Medal
- Chablis 2015 - Wine Advocate - 86/100.
The 2015 Chablis Village has an upfront bouquet with Granny Smith apples and light smoky scents. The palate is well balanced with a saline entry, notes of cooking apple and pear. Not bad for a 2015 Chablis and it should drink nicely over the next 3-5 years. Drink 2016-2020.
- Chablis 2014 - 89/100 - Wine Spectator - May 2017
Honey, apple, and flint flavors are the hallmarks of this white, which is round but has good cut. Long lime-and-stone finish. Drink now through 2021.